APC-PCI ELISA Kit
Cat.No. KIT 040
For Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures. Not for sale in the United States.
The APC-PCI ELISA Kit measures the Activated Protein C – Protein C Inhibitor complex in human plasma.
The APC-PCI complex is formed in blood circulation upon activation of protein C (PC) and is therefore a marker of PC activation. PC is synthesized in the liver and is activated by thrombin. Activated protein C (APC) splits several blood coagulation factors limiting blood coagulation, and thereby working as an anticoagulant. It is also thought to play an anti-inflammatory role. When APC is produced within the circulation, it undergoes inactivation by reacting with several protease inhibitors, including Protein C inhibitor (PCI) which appears to be of the greatest physiological importance. The inhibition complex is known as the APC-PCI complex.
- Bernard GR, Vincent JL, Laterre PF, LaRosa SP, Dhainaut JF, Lopez-Rodriguez A, Steingrub JS, Garber GE, Helterbrand JD, Ely EW, Fisher CJ Jr (2001) Efficacy and safety of recombinant human activated protein C for severe sepsis. N Engl J Med 344:699-709.
- Heslet L, Hald R, Recke C, Bangert K, Uttenthal LO (2008) Activated protein C-protein C inhibitor (APC-PCI) complex as a prognostic marker in sepsis. Presented at The International Sepsis Forum (ISF) 2008, Granada, Spain.
- Strandberg K, Astermark J, Björgell O, Becker C, NilssonPE, Stenflo J (2001) Complexes between activated protein C and protein C inhibitor measured with a new method: comparison of performance with other markers of hypercoagulability in the diagnosis of deep vein thrombosis. Thromb Haemost 86:1400-08.
- Bhiladvala P, Strandberg K, Stenflo J, Holm J (2006) Early identification of acute myocardial infarction by activated protein C-protein C inhibitor complex. Thromb Res 118:213-19.
- Kölbel T, Strandberg K, Mattiasson I, Stenflo J, Lindblad B (2006) Activated protein C-protein C inhibitor complex: a new biological marker for aortic aneurysms. J Vasc Surg 43:935-39.
- Elf JL, Strandberg K, Svensson (2010) The diagnostic performance of APC-PCI complex determination compared to D-Dimer in the diagnosis of deep vein thrombosis. J Thromb 29:465-470.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR USE DOWNLOAD
|BATCH No.||EXPIRATION DATE||REVISION OF INLAY|
|BATCH No.||EXPIRATION DATE||MSDS|
|PC-1105BRUO||2012-01||MSDS Kit 040 rev 02|
|PC-1004BRUO||2011-07||MSDS Kit 040 rev 01|